Here are 10 tips you should follow for a seamless relocation.
Moving is a huge undertaking, but relocating can add a new layer of stress and planning to the process. Today I want to share 10 tips to help make your relocation a success:
1. Visit your new city before moving. This way, you can get a feel for the layout and culture. It will also help you get an idea of the cost of living in the area.
2. Make a list of what you want in a new home. Once you have everything written out, give it to your agent so they can help you achieve your goals.
3. Get rid of unnecessary items. Packing is the perfect time to ditch all the junk you no longer use. Separate things into a donate and trash pile so that you don’t waste anything someone else could use.
4. Ask your agent to help you find free or inexpensive moving boxes. They might have connections to help you save some money.
5. Carefully label moving boxes. This will make unpacking much smoother.
6. Pack a necessities box for each person and room. They’ll be the last boxes packed at the old house and the first ones unpacked at the new home.
7. Shop around for good movers. Ask your agent if they have a good referral so that you end up with someone reliable.
8. Cancel delivery services and change your address. Don’t forget to transfer your utilities, either.
9. If you’re moving for a job, get to know your new co-workers. This is a great way to meet new people and learn your area.
10. Use your Realtor as a resource. A good agent can be a great guide for schools, shopping, neighborhoods, and more.
If you’re thinking about relocating, call me first. I can provide you with a free packing checklist and help you achieve a seamless move. I look forward to hearing from you!